Friday, March 30, 2012


(My room)

The biggest plus to taking early flights with long layovers was that the first thing I saw in Chile was the sun rising over the Andes Mountains as I flew into Santiago.  Such a wonderful start to my trip!  I am now in Valdivia after about 30 hours of traveling. So far, I have been surprised at how helpful people are.  I though one man was trying to steal my luggage, when in reality he was trying to help me carry it up the stairs and show me where I needed to check in for my flight.  On my flight from Miami to Santiago, I sat next to a Chilean vineyard owner on his way home from China. I have a handmade wool store in Valdivia he insisted I visit, and said he would never live in Valdivia because of the ridiculous amount of rain, so I will have to see how that goes.  My host family seems very nice, and I’m currently struggling to fit all the stuff I brought into my tiny tiny room.  The house has wifi and two dogs, so I am pretty happy about that!  The jet lag has me feeling off, but the time difference is only 3 hours so I should be back to normal soon. More (hopefully more exciting) updates to come! 

10 comments:

  1. Yay!!! I'm so glad you made it safely! I miss you everyday and it sounds like you're going to have an amazing time :) you're host family is so lucky to have you! i'm so excited to read all your updates! love you al

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss you too! skype soon? I hope your term is off to a good start and i want to hear all about it! love you :)

      Delete
  2. Alex overpacked? This is new ;-) Glad you made it! I can't wait to hear all about your adventures! Make sure and post lots of pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do i sense some sarcasm? Haha i did end up fitting everything into my room, but I have realized i did not need to bring 5 pairs of yoga pants. I hope everything is going well for you!

      Delete
  3. We miss you already but it sounds like a terrific spot for you. Dog pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Alex, thanks for the picture. It gives us a sense of your surroundings. I hope everything fit. Send us some pictures of your neighborhood and the school if you have a chance. Love you. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks cozy and amazing!! So glad you made it there safe, can't wait to hear more updates and see more pictures. missin you and sending lots of love your way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I hope your term is going amazingly so far! Han told me you had a fun trip to mexico, which i want to hear the details of at some point ;) loooove you

      Delete
  6. have so much fun friend!!!!! <3 i had the same problem trying to put all my stuff away too. too many clothes and too little space! i love you you're going to have an amazing time i promise! studying abroad is the best thing i ever decided to do!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. muchos gracias! have fun in greece, love you!

      Delete